The purpose of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation Scholarship is to encourage and promote the
attainment of higher educational goals for individuals who have demonstrated a high level of academic
achievement, have made positive contributions to their school through involvement in cheerleading and
illustrate involvement in other extracurricular and community service programs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. Students currently in their graduating year of high school, who will be attending a post-secondary
institution in the Fall to pursue a course of study within Canada leading to a degree or diploma from
an accredited university or college.
2. The Applicant must obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
3. The Applicant must have a minimum of three years active cheerleading experience.
4. The applicant’s team must be a current registered member of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation.
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the candidate’s academic abilities, the Selection Committee will evaluate the candidate’s
contribution to their school and community through their involvement in cheerleading. The candidate must
be a leader in his/her cheerleading program and must be an exemplary cheerleader. Involvement in other
extracurricular activities will also be considered.
The applicant MUST submit the following items in order to qualify for the Ontario Cheerleading
1. Completed Application Form.
2. Transcripts of current mid-term or final marks if available, and previous year’s final marks.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation, one from the cheerleading coach and the other from a teacher or
member of the community in which the applicant resides, who has known the applicant for at least one
year, written in accordance with the instructions found on the Application Form.
4. Letter from the applicant describing why he/she should receive the scholarship written in accordance
with the instructions found on the Application Form.
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS IT INCLUDES ALL OF THE REQUIRED
The Ontario Cheerleading Federation will award at least one scholarship in the amount of $500.00
The announcement of the scholarship recipient(s) will be made at the final OCF Championships
during the awards ceremony in April of 2017.
Send Completed Applications to:
The Ontario Cheerleading Federation
c/o Lorna Holland
100 Brimley Road
Toronto ON, M1M 3X4